There are many benefits to Membership in the Pet Foster Parents Support Network, in addition to the ability to discuss the affect the changes in law have on pet fostering. Collaborate remotely, improve your decision making /planning, quantify your results and make an impact - membership in the Pet Foster Support Network includes.
- Latest practices being explored by community organizations, local government organizations, academics and the private sector.
- Pragmatic and Engaging learning opportunities.
- Web 2.0 platform
- Project Mangement
- White Papers: US Best Practices Model Program and Standards
- Ideation / Marketing ( collateral material / pet foster flyers etc )
- Polling / Survey across disciplines
- Creation of a virtual Adoption Center
- Events/ Volunteer Registry
- Reference Library Resources
- Location – Updates Godwalla / Foursquare
- map of US Pet Foster Programs
- Group Text Messaging
- Group Task Scheduling
- Instant Messaging for Groups ( nothing to install )
- Annual Pet Foster Parents Celebration
- Coordinate local- region specific events
- Members only professional network ( LinkedIn and Yahoo Groups)
- Photo sharing / Map Creation / Map photo check-in
- Phone Conferencing / Virtual meetings
- Danger Zones: Identify problem areas and find solutions - before they go “viral”
Educate / Continuing Education / Online Training
Practical business model / plan development
The Learning Café will showcase a selection of featured case studies from the field - tested models - for pet fostering programs, submittals from registered members, as well as other best practice ideas. Learning Cafés time varies according to member availability including time for participant question and answers and presentations.
Member virtual forums
Facilitated via thought provoking conversation with a leading shelter or rescue manager or animal welfare / fundraising expert who can provide insight may be helpful for local area networks. Participants have an opportunity to contribute to the discussion.
Face-to-face regional networking opportunities as well as e-learning through webinars and virtual meeting.